Construction Site Accidents
Construction Site Injuries In New York
Construction work zones and sites are full of hazards. It is evident that the majority of construction workers work with heavy machinery, dangerous tools and equipment, and perform tasks at unsafe heights. But even though construction sites are hazardous zones, employers and construction companies who employ workers are still legally responsible for ensuring that the workplace meets reasonable safe conditions and protocols. In return, workers should carry out their duties with caution. However, even the most cautious construction worker can encounter unfortunate catastrophic injuries while at work.
If you have been injured while working construction, it is imperative that you contact an experienced construction work injury lawyer in New York as soon as possible. A New York construction accident attorney can help evaluate your claim and determine how to best move forward with your case.
Types Of Construction Injuries
Unsafe conditions in construction sites that are not properly addressed can lead to all sorts of detrimental injuries. Injuries sustained while at work can vary from minor cuts and scrapes to severe burns, lacerations, and broken bones. Sometimes, an injury can result in a tragic loss of life. When a worker is injured, it is vital to seek the legal assistance of a construction work injury lawyer in New York. A knowledgeable New York construction accident attorney can help explain how to submit a claim and obtain compensation for work-related injuries.
Common construction work injuries include some of the following:
- Burns: If someone works around dangerous materials such as chemicals, blowtorches, or electricity, they are at risk of getting burned. Burns can be very severe. Some burns may require extensive medical treatment.
- Head Injury: Most construction sites require their workers to wear safety helmets or hard hats when they are in or around a construction zone. However, a worker can still obtain a serious or severe injury even while wearing a helmet. If a heavy or large object falls on a worker, a hard hat may not be enough to cushion the blow.
- Muscle Strain: Lifting heavy objects or equipment can lead to pulled muscles. If a worker is continually lifting heavy objects, they could cause slow but harmful injury to their muscles and tendons.
- Back Injury: Back injuries are prevalent among construction workers. It can be caused by heavy lifting, a fall, or repetitive motion.
- Eye Injury: Similar to the requirement of wearing safety helmets, safety goggles are also necessary in a construction work zone. If a worker does not wear his or her safety goggles, he or she can injure their eyes due to debris or particles.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are another common injury. If a worker falls, they can sustain various broken bones. Likewise, if something falls or collapses on a worker, broken bones can occur.
- Harsh Work Environment Injury: Harsh work environments such as long hours under the sun can cause dehydration, heatstroke, and/or exhaustion. The outcome can be severe if a worker is not careful.
- Lacerations: Lacerations can be caused by wires, sharp materials, tools, and other construction objects. Deep cuts and lacerations can lead to severe scarring, disfigurement, and amputation.
- Hearing Injury: Damage to a worker’s ears can be caused by loud machinery. If a worker is constantly exposed to loud machinery and/or noises, they can suffer hearing loss or damage.
- Respiratory Issues: Old buildings, structures, and houses are known to have asbestos. If asbestos is present, it can harm a worker’s respiratory system. Damage to the respiratory system can have serious consequences. Harmful particles, asbestos, and chemicals can lead to pneumonia or other lung issues and diseases.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a construction work injury, it is highly advised to talk to a New York construction accident attorney right away.
Construction Injury Claims
If workplace conditions are not reasonably safe, employers and construction companies could find themselves facing serious complaints and lawsuits. Aside from workers’ compensation, a construction employee could possibly seek recompense through various channels. For instance, a worker may be able to file a civil lawsuit against their employer, a third-party, contractor, product supplier, architect, engineer, or any other entity who could be at-fault for negligence, unsafe conditions, or product liability.
Most workers are eligible for workers’ compensation if they are injured on the job. However, in some cases, workers’ compensation may not be enough. Workers’ compensation benefits primarily cover medical expenses, lost wages, and disability. But, it does not cover noneconomical damages and compensation such as pain and suffering. If you are suffering from severe injuries, you may be able to pursue a lawsuit with the assistance of a construction work injury lawyer in New York.
If you have been injured, it is crucial that you consult with a construction work injury lawyer in New York to discuss your options. A professional New York construction accident attorney can help you understand the type of compensation and benefits that are available to you.
Rockland Construction Accident Lawyer
The construction industry is one of the most dangerous fields for employees in the U.S.A. and the workers are at high risk of suffering serious injuries. Construction sites are responsible for maintaining a safe workplace environment, and providing personal protection equipment to their workers. If they fail to do so, the injured workers have the right to sue them for their negligence and claim compensation for medical bills and lost wages.
Choosing the right Construction Accident Attorney to claim the Best Possible Compensation
If you are injured in a construction site accident, it is important to hire an expert construction accident lawyer as soon as possible. Before hiring a construction accident lawyer make sure that you check his background record thoroughly. Always hire a construction accident lawyer who is familiar with the courts and laws in your local area. Make sure that he is experienced in representing construction accident cases.
Call The Law Office of Reuven Epstein at (845) 208-2444 Now!
At The Law Office of Reuven Epstein our lawyers are experts and have the experience to handle construction accident cases including third party injury claims. If you have been injured in a construction site accident in Rockland, and looking for strong legal counsel, contact The Law Office of Reuven Epstein immediately. Call (845) 208-2444 and schedule a consultation and we can discuss your options.
Call For Free Consultation