Some common types of Personal Injury Claims in Pennsylvania are:
1. Dog bites- Those who are bitten by dogs may be able to sue the dog owner.
2. Slip and Fall- If a public place is negligent in keeping the premises safe and someone falls and gets injured, then they might have a Personal Injury Claim.
3. Car accidents- The party at fault may be sued by the injured party in the accident.
4. Defective products- A company might be sued if their product has been deemed unsafe for some reason and someone is injured by the product.
5. Medical malpractice- When a medical professional does not meet the standard of care expected of a medical professional and someone is harmed or dies because of it, that medical professional can be sued.
Although the above list is comprised of common Personal Injury Cases, it is not an exhaustive list. If you believe you might be able to file a Personal Injury Claim, you should meet with an attorney who has expertise in Personal Injury Crimes. A Personal Injury Lawyer with The Law Office of Reuven Epstein can guide you through a Personal Injury Settlement or Personal Injury Lawsuit. If you are located in or near Bethlehem, PA, call (845) 208-2444 for a consultation.
What is the statute of limitations on Personal Injury Claims in Pennsylvania?
A statute of limitations states the amount of time that one has to bring a lawsuit for particular crimes. Statutes of limitations vary for each crime and by state. In Pennsylvania, the injured party has two years from the time that they discovered that an injury was the result of the accident. Because there is a time limit, it is advisable that you contact a Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible after becoming injured in an accident.
If you have been injured in an accident, retain all medical bills, insurance claims, photos of the accident, police reports, witness statements, etc. Your lawyer will need these to assess damages.
If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should consult with an experienced Personal Injury Law Firm. The Personal Injury Lawyers at The Law Office of Reuven Epstein will help you recover any and all damages that might be owed to you. If you are located in or near Bethlehem, PA, call (845) 208-2444 for a consultation.